Use the "Bible Test"

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by armedandsafe, Jan 15, 2009.

1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Picked this up on another forum and have permission to copy here. If you pass it along, just make sure his name is on it.

This is an interesting tactic.

Pops
  2. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Imagine ordering a Bible on line and having to have it shipped to a federally licensed Bible dealer who will charge you to complete the transaction.
    Or being charged with carrying a concealed Bible without a permit. And on and on. Good test though. It just illustrates how much our second amendment has been eroded already.
  3. DontCryMrJefferson

DontCryMrJefferson New Member

But a Bible isn't constitutionally protected. Only the freedom of religion is. The Bible is simply an object. Of course no book should ever be banned, but we shouldn't lie to ourselves. Well, I suppose that banning the Christian Bible would be de facto religious 'persecution'. But an actual book is still just an object. Ah! Brain about to explode!

Are there any other actual objects besides weapons protected by the Constitution? You would think that I'd remember that since I read it every few months or so. I guess my brain is overloading with all of this school crap...
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  4. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

"Objects" when they are personal property ARE in fact protected by the constitution. No, Bibles aren't specifically listed as being protected. The constitution gives no special protection to Bibles over any other property, but the " Bible test" still functions to illustrate how oppresive gun control is. Believe this; If they can take our guns they can and will take our Bibles.
  5. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

We used to do something similar with the phrase, "In the bathroom" added to fortune cookie sayings.
    Example: Cookie says, "You will meet with great success today . . (add) In the bathroom." :D
  6. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Allegories confuse some people.

Pops
  7. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

8. A lot of people, Pops. ;) Allegories require inductive reasoning, and for far too many, that is simply too much effort.
  9. DontCryMrJefferson

DontCryMrJefferson New Member

Like who, for example?