Using a magnet for gunsmithing a Model 1924 S&W .32 auto

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by rlee5349, May 27, 2012.

1. Jim K

Jim K New Member

That is called "passing the buck." I am reminded of the vintage 1960 joke about how the U.S. planned to put a man on the moon -- just put him in a box, stick on some stamps, and it was the post office problem from there on.

I just hope the gunsmith can do the job without messing something up; that is a valuable gun.

Jim
  2. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

Would freezing the gun loosen it?
  3. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

an ease out will work use them at work all the time we do freeze metal parts at work also to get them into another part and they expand after warming up that's why i thought of the freezer?
  4. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Member

Don't you guys think it's time to bite the bullet and take this problem to a porfessional
    gun smith.
  5. Lanrezac

Lanrezac Member

The owner, rlee5349, said he is doing just that about 4 or 5 posts back. I'd like to see the gun once it is back together!
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

That is exactly how I learned to install barrel liners. It is a one shot PITA doing it this way but its a superior way to line a barrel.