USMC Colt

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by Sergeant Bill, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Sergeant Bill

Sergeant Bill New Member

I would like to know if anyone can direct me to some research information on an Official Police Positive Colt Cal .38 revolver that was made in 1933 and is marked on the frame strap on the bottom of the grip USMC? Specifically I need to know if this Colt was issued to the USMC. Thanks. Sgt. Bill.
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Bill.....welcome to TFF. :)

Well, you've got me a little confused here. How is your Colt marked? Please tell us all of the writing on it, where, and exactly as it appears.

There was an "Official Police" and there was a "Police Positive", and a "Police Positive Special", but no "Official Police Positive".

You say it's a .38. Is it .38 Special, .38 S&W, or .38 New Police?

How do you know it was made in 1933? Please give us the serial # (you can X out the last two digits, if you wish).

If your revolver was sold by Colt directly to the USMC or to a Gov't Purchasing Commission, you can find out by getting a Colt Historical Letter:

http://www.coltsmfg.com/cmci/historical.asp