USPSA

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by delta13soultaker, Aug 26, 2008.

1. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

What do you think of USPSA?
  2. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

I was a member in the 80s, but can't tell you anything they actually did for me. Even when I shot in the IPSC sectionals, I BELIEVE it was all run and paid for locally, with the USPSA taking the credit.

In order to shoot IPSC, you had to join the USPSA, so it was just something you did if you wanted to compete.

I don't think I even saved any newsletters or anything from that time either.

I did enjoy shooting IPSC, so I guess they ran it all right, though.
  3. artabr

artabr New Member

I shot IPSC in the 90's. It was a lot of fun. We had a good group of shooters. It can be a dollar race gunwise if you shoot open, but it was still fun. I liked Steel Challenge better. It wasn't as ruff on my old banged up knees.

Art
  4. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

There are a lot of different aspects of USPSA.
    Can you narrow it down a bit?
  5. Gene Seward

Gene Seward Member

I love the chance to shoot with and against new people. Some of the ranges are set up great and gave me alot of good practice. If you have had or do have knee or back problems it will be hard to be competitive. If you are doing it for fun and practice you may very well love it. JMHO
  6. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

I meant in general, but yeah there are a lot of different focuses.

I guess I should have said IPSC instead of USPSA too, but acknowledging some rules between the two aren't exactly the same sometimes.

To narrow it down (and I'm mainly talking handguns here but rifle/shotgun/3-gun shooters' opinions welcomed) I'll just rephrase:

What do you think of USPSA compared to IDPA etc etc? (Obviously no comparing to SASS, CMP etc)

I know or have known guys who shoot in divisions of one or the other. Just looking for unbiased opinions...i.e. not biased by current military background...ego finds it's way into everything.