UZI YES OR NO?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by click, Mar 8, 2007.

1. click

click New Member

I have always had my eyes on an UZI pistol. Since i'm more than a bit concerned about which way this congress is going to lean on these types of weapons, any thoughts about this piece? Is it worth the $$$, is it an accurate weapon, or is it all hype and should i stick to "made in the USA" when it comes to 9mm & 45acp weapons? Your thoughts gentlemen, as always is appreciated:confused:;)
  2. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

I say no but I have been told I was dumb
  3. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

opinion only

I would say that it isn't worth the money on one hand

But on the other hand, if hte Govt says you don't need it, you might need it alot.
  4. Lead Lobber

Lead Lobber Former Guest

Accuracy should not a be concern for an honest collector or citizen. If you want one, get one. Then take it to an appropriate range for tests, and post your range reports. Accurarcy with a weapon like that is like asking if you can stuff 4000 oysters into a slot machine in time to stop WWIII.

Just my 4 pounds of gold worth,

LL
  5. click

click New Member

4000 oysters in a slot machine?:D:D:D:D
  6. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

7. Light Coat

Light Coat New Member

Not real accurate. Determine your interest and remember that they are generally grandfathered in. They go up exponentially in price when they are banned.
  8. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Ask yourself, why do I want an UZI? Is it because of the hype? The “cool” factor of having an UZI? Or do you want something that is practical?

For what it was made for (the spray and pray crowd) an UZI (in FULL-auto) is a GREAT piece of machinery. There is enough mass in the firearm, to hold onto it, when in full-auto fire. Even though the need for accuracy isn’t quite as important in full-auto fire, I did keep all the rounds out of a 25 round mag, in the torso of a man-size target at 7 yards. But when you take that same piece, and turn it into a SEMI-auto firearm, it SUCKS.

The ergonomics are terrible. It is an blocky, clumsy, oversized firearm for a handgun. As a pistol caliber carbine, it functions adequately, but is still not a “comfortable” piece to shoot.

One of the attractive feature with the UZI, is that it has a high capacity magazine. That attraction can be had with much better firearms. (although they may not have the “cool” factor)

I have a 32 round mag that fits my SIG 226. I would go up against anyone with an UZI, at the range shot for shot, to determine the best accuracy between the two.
  9. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan New Member

UZI's aren't known for there accuracy. They're originally intended to be like a covering fire gun, with the 30-32 round mag you can spray a lot of slugs and do nothing.

The semi auto versions made by ones, like Masterpiece Arms, say they've improved on the Ingram's design with the closed bolt and fixed accuracy. I dunno, buy it does have a coolness factor in it, so....
  10. I must agree entirely with pickenup on this one. As a full auto SMG for close quarters combat the Uzi is a fine weapon, though I do think there are better ones out there, the H&K MP-5 for example. The Uzi though, was never really intended to be used semi-auto. It will function that way, of course, but really good accuracy is not likely. Were it me, I'd spend the money on a good Sig or H&K pistol. Just my $.02 worth. :D
  11. click

click New Member

Gentlemen of the jury, it seems the verdict is in. I guess i've always been taken in by the "cool" factor. Thanks for the straight answers on the weapon itslef:( :) I guess it's back to the old drawing boards, Steyr spp?