Va. man accused of helping smuggle Somalis into U.S.

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by jack404, Feb 23, 2010.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/l...lped-come-to-U_S_-84799152.html#ixzz0gNH3KH9Q

Authorities are searching for 270 Somalis believed to have entered the U.S. illegally with the help of a Virginia man who admitted contacts with an Islamic terrorist group.

An Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent said his agency had yet to locate any of the suspected illegal immigrants.

According to an affidavit filed in Alexandria's federal court, Anthony Joseph Tracy told authorities that he came in contact with the Somali terrorist organization Al-Shabaab, which announced an alliance with al Qaeda earlier this year.

ICE Agent Thomas Eyre testified during a hearing that authorities are "concerned" about the 35-year-old's dealings with the group.

In an e-mail, Tracy reportedly wrote, "i helped alot of somalis and most are good but there are some who are bad and i leave them to ALLAH," the affidavit said.

He has been held without bail. Tracy's attorney, Geremy Kamens, declined to comment for this story.

Eyre testified that authorities had not yet tracked down any of the Somalis whom Tracy allegedly helped travel to the U.S.

The affidavit says Tracy's e-mails, combined with information on Facebook, show that the Somalis have spread across the country and are living in New York, North Carolina, Tennessee, Minnesota and Arizona
  2. ARB

ARB New Member

Well, that's friggin' great.:mad::rolleyes: About how many times do you all think this happens without the DHS knowing about it?
  3. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Wonder how many of these people they don't catch helping to smuggle terrorists into the country for every one they do catch. This one brought in 270 that they know of. 20 or 30 other Traceys out there ,not caught yet bringing them by the hundreds. If any kind of coordinated attack is made, I hope I am not at the mall that day.

Jack you are performing the yeomans work that AP, UPI, Roiters, ABC, CBS And NBC used to do prior to the mid 60's. I hardly find this stuff that you turn up even on Drudge, Debka and WND. Can't thank you enough. Surprisingly I find a little on local newspapers around the country but not on the big papers.
  4. wpage

wpage Active Member

No wonder this country is in a mess...