The Firearms Forum banner

Valdada scope base for Remington 700

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  antiquedr 
#1 ·
cal414
(7/11/02 12:24:47 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All Valdada Rem 700 Once peice LR base question.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I use a Valdada Rem 700 Once peice LR base on a 700 PSS .300 WM non DM will it be harder to load rounds into?
www.valdada.com
It looks as if the base is quite close to the reciever and I'm worried that it may be hard to load. I know this is a newby question, I just don't want to find out the hard way. thanks!

Edited by: cal414 at: 7/11/02 1:25:28 pm

AntiqueDr
*TFF Senior Staff*
(7/11/02 2:17:50 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: Valdada Rem 700 Once peice LR base question.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The 20min incline base looks like it would be harder to topload the mag, but the other bases should not impede loading at all.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
www.apaxenterprises.com
Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

nighthawksh
V.I.P. Member
(7/11/02 4:30:02 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Valdada Rem 700 Once peice LR base question.
I am far from being any thing close to an "expert", but if there is a base you like, why not convert your Remington to a DM? It may be worth the effort. I did 3 rifles this way, though they were just regular 700s, 2 BDLs and 1 ADL. I know it is a lot of work on the synthetic stock, but it can be done.

Plus you get the benefit of a 10 round mag.

just a thought,,,,
Stan H ,, nighthawk

"Those willing to give up freedom in exchange for security will soon discover they have neither"

Edited by: nighthawksh at: 7/11/02 5:41:49 pm

cal414
(7/12/02 2:55:15 pm)
NIGHTHAWKISH,
I don't trust the DM type setups for SHTF use. These are one shot-one hit rifles. Reloading speed isn't paramount as it would be in a semi auto, plus its a LA so it takes half a football field just to cycle the bolt. Thanks for the input.

LIKTOSHOOT
*TFF Senior Staff*
(7/12/02 3:07:09 pm)
Not being a smart arse, but I don`t see this as a problem. The lower mount is always the best over the bore. I have some that are low and to me....it acts like a loading gate. Roll it over and into the action, finger it down...wa-la, next round please. LTS

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.