Valtro 1998-A1 Target Pistol

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 7, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

Claudio 007
    (2/23/02 4:03:25 am)
    Reply Valtro 1998-A1 Target Pistol
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Has anyone heard of this .45 pistol, Valtro 1998-A1 Target Pistol.
    If you have heard of it, how does it compare to a Kimber? How accurate are both of them at 50 yards?

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/23/02 8:31:52 am)
    Reply Re: Valtro 1998-A1 Target Pistol
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello Claudio 007, and welcome to The Firearms Forum.

You pose a good question.
    The general consensus is that Kimber is the way to go.

I'm not familure with the Valtro, but I'm sure 1 of our Expert residents will be happy to share with you what they do know.

Stay tuned...

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/23/02 9:01:32 am)
    Welcome Claudio! I'm not familiar with the Valtro either.....can you tell us more about it?

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/23/02 11:56:23 am)
    Re: Valtro 1998-A1 Target Pistol
    The Valtro pistol is a single-column 1911 .45 auto built by Valtro, Inc, of Brescia, Italy. The design and concept belong to John Jardine who is Armand Swensen's nephew (yes, THAT Armand Swensen). All parts including the sights are made of hardened tool steel, to Jardine's specs. Many, many custom features.

They do have an importer in the US, Valtro USA, in California, but to date they have not established a foothold. If they ever get some major market advertising, it's going to be serious competition for the Springfield and Kimber guns in the $1000 range.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/23/02 2:16:42 pm)
    Some more information...
    www3.mb.sympatico.ca/~jhipwell/1998.htm
    www.milarm.com/prices/valtro.html

Edited by: Zigzag2 at: 2/23/02 2:18:00 pm

BornToShoot
    (2/25/02 4:20:58 am)
    There is a Canadian dealer that has some info on 1998-A1 Target Pistol at gunsnthings.ca

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/25/02 7:27:34 am)

1,349.00 Canadian Dollar(s) = 878.387 US Dollar

Lou
    (3/13/02 3:26:55 pm)
    I own two Valtro's. Just for information, in the US, the sole dealer for the Valtro is Bullseye Indoor Shooting range, San Rafael, CA...the owner Mark Baradat is a good guy. John Jardine personally inspects each and every 1998a1 sold through Bullseye, (John is very picky about the Valtro's sold here, so he goes over them with the proverbial fine toothed comb).

The guns are extremely well made, similar in quality to my Les Baer. They are tight and shoot very well. They come with very good triggers, and are reliable. About my only gripe with them is that the checkering isn't quite perfect, but for $1199, they are a good deal.

Lou

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (3/14/02 8:24:35 am)
    Lou, welcome to the board. I'll bet John learned alot for "Uncle Armand". I carry a Swenson built Commander and have never had a problem with it.

Lou
    (3/14/02 9:30:16 am)
    Thanks for the welcome. John Jardine has a definite touch of Swenson in his work! I'm really happy with the Valtro, now all I have to do is find a nice pre-series 70 Govn't or Combat Commander to have Jardine do his magic on!

Lou
  2. PFISTO

PFISTO New Member

VALTRO

Lou,
    I am looking to pick up a valtro. I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction or would you be thinking of selling one of yours.
    Thanks Mike
    mpfistne@ethus.jnj.com