Value and Model of Ithaca SBS and Srpingfield 410

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Cary, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Cary

Cary New Member

Hi

Hope you experts can help me. I have two old shotguns that I am going to sell to a friend and I need to know a fair price.

Ithaca SBS 16 gauge. Serial number is 44648 and all numbers match. I don’t know how to grade a gun but bluing is all good with no rust. Stock is in good shape with no cracks but the finish has some minor digs. From the serial number I did find that it was made in 1927. Probably a detractor but my dad etched his driver’s license number on the bottom.

Springfield 410. Serial number is 2056B. Exposed hammer. This is not in as good shape. The screws are a bit mangled. Stock is a bit dinged up. Steel is OK with some very minor surface rust. Same deal with the driver’s license on the bottom.

Can you tell from what I have the model and relative value?

Thanks

Cary