1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Value for Colt Gold Cup

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by jbobin, May 14, 2003.

1. jbobin

jbobin New Member

Gentlemen,
    I am interested in the value of my hybrid Colt Gold Cup Nat Match:

Mark IV Series 70 Colt Cup slide, Nat Match Bbl
    Orig. Millet(?) Target sites
    Condition 90%
    Essex Frame sn 560xx
    Extended Beavertail Grip Safety
    Smith and Alexander integrated checkered mainspring housing and tapered mag well
    Videcki adj trigger
    1 orig old Colt 8 round magazine
    2 Kimber 8 round magazines with bottom pads
    Old Pachmayr wraparound one piece rubber grip

Sincerely,
    Jack
    Last edited: May 14, 2003
  2. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Shooter value only. Around $400 is what the market is going to bear. You can always try to get more, but this would be a tough sell for more than that.
  3. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

$400 is absolutely top dollar, as these Essex frame guns hardly ever change hands over $300.
  4. SaxonPig

SaxonPig New Member

It is hard to sell "combo" guns and the Essex frame is not highly desired. I think proclaiming $400 as "top dollar" might be a little premature. I would (if I really wanted to sell it) put it on an auction site at $550 and see what happens. I think $500 is not unreasonable for this gun as the Gold Cup upper is popular and sought after. You might even make more money by breaking it up. I have seen just the slide for a GC bring $300 on Ebay so the entire upper end might bring $400 or even more, then the assembled frame might bring $150-$200.

If you don't want to sell then you can assign any value you want. I would call it a $500 gun. A standard Government Model on an Essex is $350-$400 to me. The GC upper is worth the extra $150.
  5. jbobin

jbobin New Member

Thank you

Thanks for all of your input. I might break it up....

Jack
  6. Boomatic

Boomatic New Member

Jack...don't waste your time...just send it all to me.