Value for Colt Gold Cup

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by jbobin, May 14, 2003.

1. jbobin

jbobin New Member

Gentlemen,
    I am interested in the value of my hybrid Colt Gold Cup Nat Match:

Mark IV Series 70 Colt Cup slide, Nat Match Bbl
    Orig. Millet(?) Target sites
    Condition 90%
    Essex Frame sn 560xx
    Extended Beavertail Grip Safety
    Smith and Alexander integrated checkered mainspring housing and tapered mag well
    Videcki adj trigger
    1 orig old Colt 8 round magazine
    2 Kimber 8 round magazines with bottom pads
    Old Pachmayr wraparound one piece rubber grip

Sincerely,
    Jack
    Last edited: May 14, 2003
  2. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Shooter value only. Around $400 is what the market is going to bear. You can always try to get more, but this would be a tough sell for more than that.
  3. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

$400 is absolutely top dollar, as these Essex frame guns hardly ever change hands over $300.
  4. SaxonPig

SaxonPig New Member

It is hard to sell "combo" guns and the Essex frame is not highly desired. I think proclaiming $400 as "top dollar" might be a little premature. I would (if I really wanted to sell it) put it on an auction site at $550 and see what happens. I think $500 is not unreasonable for this gun as the Gold Cup upper is popular and sought after. You might even make more money by breaking it up. I have seen just the slide for a GC bring $300 on Ebay so the entire upper end might bring $400 or even more, then the assembled frame might bring $150-$200.

If you don't want to sell then you can assign any value you want. I would call it a $500 gun. A standard Government Model on an Essex is $350-$400 to me. The GC upper is worth the extra $150.
  5. jbobin

jbobin New Member

Thank you

Thanks for all of your input. I might break it up....

Jack
  6. Boomatic

Boomatic New Member

Jack...don't waste your time...just send it all to me.