Value for Model 19 S&W

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by jbobin, May 14, 2003.

1. jbobin

jbobin New Member

I would like to know the value of my Model 19 S&W:

S/N AUZ73XX
    Model 19-5, blued
    90% condition with all blueing and some slight holster wear.
    4" bbl
    left side of bbl "Smith & Wesson"
    right side of bbl "S.&W. 357 MAGNUM"
    right side of frame
    "Made in USA
    Marcus Registradas
    Smith&Wesson
    Springfield, Mass"

Hogue Monogrip
    Target Sights

Thank you!!

Jack
    Last edited: May 14, 2003
  2. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Around $250 retail. Premiums are being paid for 2 1/2" guns, factory nickel guns, and early-early guns in the Model 19 series.
  3. SaxonPig

SaxonPig New Member

I would agree. The later guns (after 1982 by the three letter serial prefix) are not collected. And 90% is not that great. A working gun.
  4. jbobin

jbobin New Member

truth be told on my requests...

Truth be told about all my posts as of late...I bought a boat that needs about $500 of work.

I know, I know, selling ANY gun is like selling your first girlfriend, but I may need to offload a couple to keep the books balanced....ahhh, a very precarious position indeed.

Thank again, Doc and Saxon for all of the balanced input...

Jack