Value of 1894

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by ubteljerry, Dec 6, 2010.

1. ubteljerry

ubteljerry New Member

Can anyone tell me what my Winchester Model 94 is worth? It's serial number is 1,107,0xx. 30 WCF. All original condition, not sanded or re-finished. It has Lyman Peeps (I assume this was added) and has 75% of it's bluing intact. Steel butt plate and I am the 3rd owner. The original owner bought it as a kid and used it as an adult for a backup Deer rifle. His brother, whom I purchased it from after his brother passed away, said he doesn't think his brother fired more than a box or 2 of shells thru it for sight-in purposes. The rifling is perfect. I am asking to see if I should insure this rifle or not. Many years ago, someone with a Winchester book, said it was made sometime after 1901-02 and that it was worth $2-300 at the time.....

Thanks,
  2. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum, how bout some pictures
  3. BillM

BillM Active Member

Yup. Post some pictures if you want a somewhat accurate idea of worth.

You rifle was made in 1940.

I'm going to assume that it really isn't a rifle, but a carbine. 20" round barrel?
    Have a barrel band holding the fore-end wood on?

A 1940 Model 94 30-30 carbine, with no special features, Bluebooks for
    $200 to $825 depending on condition. If it has extra holes drilled and tapped
    for the Lyman sights that will lower the value quite a bit.

Take a look at the auction sites and see what they are selling for. Not the
    ASKING price, but actual sales.