Value of 38 / 357 158g round nose nyclad bullet heads?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Cysnake, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Cysnake

Cysnake New Member

Are these worth more than regular jacketed bullet heads?

[​IMG]
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum Cysnake. All I can give you is my personal opinion on this question. Someone with much more knowledge should come along and give you a good answer.

They are just a lead bullet coated with nylon. In my opinion, they are not worth any more than any cast/lead bullet. BUT, I don't think they are produced an longer and that in itself might make them more valuable.

As I said, someone with more knowledge should come along at any time to give you a real answer.
  3. Cysnake

Cysnake New Member

Thanks for the welcome! :D I picked these up last night, and it took me a little while to identify them, but i cant find a real value for them since they arent being made any more. Nice avatar by the way! I have a PRISTINE numbers matching (except the mag) luger. Truly a beautiful pistol. Although i have never fired it.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  4. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Federal is making them in 125 gr hollow points for SD ammo but the nyclad does nothing but run cleaner down the bore, nothing special about them.
  5. mikld

mikld Active Member

Cabelas sells "Herters" aluminum case nylon coated ammo. Don't know if nylon coated would be worth any more than lead for a few bullets. I believe early nylon coarings were an attempt at "green ammo" for shooting in indoor ranges (FBI mandate?).
  6. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Thank you, mine is pristine also. All numbers match to include the magazine, the second mag has a wood base and has no number. I fired it 5 times when I first bought it back in 1990, just to make sure it would fire.