Value of a Colt US Army Model 1901

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by chuckusaret, Nov 30, 2009.

1. chuckusaret

chuckusaret New Member

I recently obtained a Colt US Army Model 1901 .38 cal 6" barrel serial number 168XXX. The weapon has wooden grips with a cartouche & RAC. Lock up is loose with the majority of the bluing missing. I tried to post a picture, but was not able to.
    Colt wants 10 times more money to provide the history of the revolver than what I paid for it and I don’t see spending a small fortune on a wall hanger.
    Any help would be appreciated.
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Well, the RAC is the military inspector, Rinaldo A. Carr. It's chambered in 38 Long Colt, which is loaded by Black Hills, if you wish to shoot it. You can probably get 38 Specials in it, but don't do it. Might be why the lock-up is loose.