Value of a French Military Model 1873 Hand Gun

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Rebecca67, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Rebecca67

Rebecca67 New Member

Hello,

I would like to know the price of this gun if anyone knows, it is my fathers and was passed down through family. Apparently they where a French Navy issue the late 19th Century, many remained in service through Word War 11.

Thank you Rebecca

I have attached some pics, I'm hoping it worked, lol. If there is no attachment I will try again

Attached Files:

2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Rebecca.......welcome to TFF. :)

You're absolutey correct.

What you have is a French Model 1873 Ordnance Revolver. These were used by the French Navy for it's NCOs from 1874 until 1945. They were built by the French military armory at St. Etienne between 1873 and 1886 and approx. 350,000 were produced.

According to The Standard Catalog of Military Firearms, it's value is:

Exc. - $400
    V.G. - $300
    Good - $200
    Fair - $100

If everything works properly, I'd judge yours to be in the "Good" category.
  3. Welcome to TFF, Rebecca!

X, if it's French built, it should work fine. After all, it was liklely only dropped once at the surrender. :D