Value of c.1942 Model 94 Winchester

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Buffalochip, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Buffalochip

Buffalochip Active Member

Sorry, no pics. Local gunshop has a Model 94 carbine, full length magazine, excellent wood--nice walnut, minor handling marks, at least 90 percent blueing. Cal. is .32 Win Sp. Serial number is 1,213,XXX. Beautifule little gun.

They are asking $699. I'm thinking that is about right for east coast.

Please advise,
    Chip
  2. LeverNut05

LeverNut05 New Member

That sounds about right I have seen alot of 94's pre junk on the market in very poor condition asking the same amount if not more i think the .32 special is a great round for northeast have had two and one was same year as yours and the other was 1955 i just bought a pre 64 made 1952 in 30/30 two days ago looks like it sat in the safe most of its life? its funny i have owned many deer rifles since i started hunting and i always go back to a winchester 94 taken many deer and bear with that simple little gun perfect gun for maine/vermont places under 100yrds good luck with yours
  3. Buffalochip

Buffalochip Active Member

Thank you--will pick it up tomorrow.
  4. Bert H.

Bert H. Member

Hello,

For what it is worth, it is a 1939 vintage gun. It should also have a "W" stamped on the bottom of the receiver below the serial number. A complete serial number is needed to determine the exact date of manufacture.

In the condition you describe, the asking price is a good buy.

Bert H.