1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Value of c.1942 Model 94 Winchester

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Buffalochip, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Buffalochip

Buffalochip Active Member

Sorry, no pics. Local gunshop has a Model 94 carbine, full length magazine, excellent wood--nice walnut, minor handling marks, at least 90 percent blueing. Cal. is .32 Win Sp. Serial number is 1,213,XXX. Beautifule little gun.

They are asking $699. I'm thinking that is about right for east coast.

Please advise,
    Chip
  2. LeverNut05

LeverNut05 New Member

That sounds about right I have seen alot of 94's pre junk on the market in very poor condition asking the same amount if not more i think the .32 special is a great round for northeast have had two and one was same year as yours and the other was 1955 i just bought a pre 64 made 1952 in 30/30 two days ago looks like it sat in the safe most of its life? its funny i have owned many deer rifles since i started hunting and i always go back to a winchester 94 taken many deer and bear with that simple little gun perfect gun for maine/vermont places under 100yrds good luck with yours
  3. Buffalochip

Buffalochip Active Member

Thank you--will pick it up tomorrow.
  4. Bert H.

Bert H. Member

Hello,

For what it is worth, it is a 1939 vintage gun. It should also have a "W" stamped on the bottom of the receiver below the serial number. A complete serial number is needed to determine the exact date of manufacture.

In the condition you describe, the asking price is a good buy.

Bert H.