Value of Colt 45 Commander

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by protech, Dec 26, 2009.

1. protech

protech New Member

Can anyone tell me the fair marker value of a new Colt 45 Commander, serial # CJ36102. I won it in an NRA drawing so it came with NRA grips, 2 clips, and the slide is painted/etched with "High Caliber Club" 1 of 150. It has never been fired.

thanks
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

:cool:Welcome to TFF ! You should have received a reciept with approx value on it with the documentation from the drawing. Without pics, it's very difficult to assign a value, there's no way to tell from just the serial number if any custom work has been done on the gun. I'm assuming that this was from a Friends of NRA banquet or something like that; many of the guns they auction/raffle off are unique and can't be "looked up" in the bluebook.

My suggestion is to get ahold of the event holders and they can get you some accurate info on the gun. Get as much detail as you can and record everything. Congrats on your new gun!! :cool: