Value of Dutch 9.4mm

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Jonathan125, May 27, 2012.

1. Jonathan125

Jonathan125 New Member

I believe this to be a Dutch 9.4mm relvolver manufactured in 1889. Serial number is 7688. This is another one that belonged to my father. I'm not sure who manufacturered the gun. Possibly Enfield? Seems to be an unusual piece. Photos attached.

Attached Files:

2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Looks a lot like the Model of1873 [ Old Model, new model had a round barrel , Build by Hemburg.:) Don't have the foggiest on value.
    Last edited: May 27, 2012
  3. armoredman

armoredman New Member

Looks to be in excellent condition - is it fully functional?
  4. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  5. Jonathan125

Jonathan125 New Member

Thanks for the reply! As far as I can tell it's fully functional and has a nice tight action. I've never fired it though. They don't make ammo for it anymore. It does have a nice balance. It's another one that belonged to my father. I thought it had been sold years ago. Found it at the back of a wardrobe down in the basement.
  6. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Right you are, I was reading the description of both the old model and new model and Hemburg stuck in my mind. It is the New Model that is listed exclusively for Hemburg, the Old Model was made by Hemburg, J.F.J,Bar, DeBeaumont, P. Stevens, etc.:eek:
  7. valbehaved

valbehaved Member

These are fairly uncommon, but do appear for sale once in a while.
    One in excellent condition sold on ********* about 2-3 months ago for $745