value of MINT Weaver C4 scope?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by 9 fingers, Dec 21, 2009.

1. 9 fingers

9 fingers New Member

Hi, value of a scope for a change. I have a perfect Weaver C4 with the tip off mount and with the original scope caps and band. It was stored in a safe all it's life on a gun that was never fired. And I have a guy that wants to buy it because he broke his. Any idea what I should charge him? I don't want to over charge but seems like these old scopes in new condition are worth a few bucks to those looking for a compact, period correct scope. Any help is appreciated. And Merry Christmas to all.
    9 fingers
  2. user

user Active Member

Northern piedmont of Va. and Middle of Nowhere, We
    There have been some changes in the technology since that one was made. If I recall correctly, that's from the late 'sixties or early 'seventies. I'm sure it would function correctly, but you don't get the same quality of optical engineering as with a more recent model. Also, that one's not water-tight or air-tight; it was sealed with a thick grease. So I see it as just an old 'scope. I don't know anyone who collects old 'scopes to whom it might have value in excess of its functionality as an example of engineering history, but I'm not one. I'd say, if it works and in good condition, it's worth seventy-five bucks.
  3. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

That's a bit steep for a C4, they're 3/4" tube rimfire scopes. I bought a few at flea markets for $10 - $20, listed them on ebay and never got more than $30 for one of them.
    [​IMG]
  4. 9 fingers

9 fingers New Member

OK, I was thinking maybe about $40 or $50 max since it is perfect and basically new. It is in much better shape than the one shown by Gunhugger. Thanks for the responses.
    9 fingers
  5. 9 fingers

9 fingers New Member

Thought I would let you know I accepted an offer of $50 including postage. Probably could have gotten more on Ebay for a perfect one but the guys seems decent and I think the price is fair and it was very easy.
    Merry Christmas
    9 fingers