1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

value of model 92 & davenport shotgun $

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Twogun, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Twogun

Twogun New Member

I have a model 92 Winchester 32-20 saddle ring carbine serial # 937,000 in near perfect condition. My dad has a Davenport 8 gauge single shot shotgun with a Damascus barrel and a serial # of 539 with 3 patent dares on it with the last being may of 1902. It is in very good condition. I will try to get pictures later but would like a general range if possible. I also have a model 73 in 44-40 with an octagon barrel in average condition ser # 113,000.Twogun
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

This from www.gabelguns.com:

"W.H. Davenport was a shotgun maker located at 790 Orange Street in Providence Rhode Island circa 1880-1883. He reorganized his business in Norwich Connecticut in 1890 and operated through 1900. He is known mostly for his top-break single action shotguns, but he also made a lever action with sliding breech lock. Shotguns are only recently becomming collectable and will increase in value as additional information is published."

It is hard to set a price, but you might try the auction sites and see if any have turned up lately. They were not a high dollar gun, though.

Even though in a less popular caliber, that Model 92, in the condition described, would bring around $4000, maybe more.

Jim
  3. Twogun

Twogun New Member

Thanks much! Twogun