value of nagant revolvers?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by soundguy, Mar 6, 2013.

1. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    florida
    anyone got a pulse on their real purchase value?

I already have 2.. 1 i've had for decades.. one I got for a swinging deal earlier this year ( or late last year maybee? ).. anywhoo.

I just stumbled on a local seller ( 01 dealer.. not some street corener shady sales offer ;) ) that has not 1 but 2 nagant revolvers and is highly motivated to sell them... I get the idea he is not into old or C&R arms.

anyway.. while I don't NEED another nagant revolver any more than i need another bolt action shotgun ( I buy these whenever I find them at shows, etc.. usually for 50$.. figure what the heck.. a good boat oar costs nearly that much.. and these make smoke and go bang... :) thus I have more than a lifetime supply of various flavor bolt scatterguns.. ).. anyway.. I'm thinking I can get these 'right'.

While I'm not into selling guns... these 2 nagants could be medium term investment that I could then flip to buy more goodies later. heck.. out of the 4 I could keep the best 2 and sell the lessers.. thus upgrading my colelction in the process and weeding out the lesser grade in exchange for some other weapon that desires to be in my collection... a real win-win, if I can swing it.

so.. what doth the people here feel realistic sales prices on nagant revolvers are? from there I can figure a % of that #. and then have built in equity.. etc..

2. Fatstrat

Fatstrat Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2003
    Okla.
    Seems like I saw an import dealer selling them w/ammo for pretty cheap. I'm thinking about $150. or so. Got a mental block going. Who's that importer from Arizona?

3. rogertc1

rogertc1 Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Ioea
    they are up around $300. now days. I got mine a few years back for 90 to $160 for USSR marked one.

so is Obama inflation,....

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  4. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Sitka, Alaska
    I essentially won mine by bidding on it at a for-charity auction some years back. About $100 for a 1941 example - refurbed with later style front sight blade, inconspicuous import marks, holster, screwdriver, cleaning widgets and so forth, so I guess I'm at least a few bucks ahead on that one. Same auction I bid $100 on a Finnish Civil Guard Mosin 28/30 and won it too, so it also came home with me. Suspect they're going for a bit more these days.

5. rogertc1

rogertc1 Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Ioea
    Finnish Civil Guard Mosin 28/30 isa rifle. regretfull the pistol and rifles have dried uo and the price went uop. Thank Obama.

6. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Chicago IL Area
    My Cabela's has lots of them. Since every thing else is sold out they have the counter display setup with a bunch of them. I think they were $149. They had them on sale last year under $100. They looked to be in good condition.

7. soundguy

May 8, 2012
    florida
    just looking around the sales boards.. I see that the prices vary from about 160 and up into the 500$ range ...

I saw the one listing at buds for 130$.. but they are out of stock.

even if I used that as a low # and added 25$ shipping as a baseline. looks like a starting point of 150$ and down are in the 'deal' range.

8. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Athens, Georgia
    I no longer have any Nagants, but when I bought the two I had, I paid $74.00 each ($79 for only 1) from AIM surplus. Of course that was 5 or 6 years ago:rolleyes::D.

9. soundguy

May 8, 2012
    florida
    excelent price!

10. 45Auto

45Auto Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2008
    The price of a non-import never rebuilt M95 Nagant revolver can be two or three times the price of common rebuilt and import marked Nagants.

11. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Dragged three of them in excellent condition around for a couple of years at my gun show table. Well built, no collector value, no ammo available. Absolutely no buyers at $100, finally sold at $65 each.

12. soundguy

May 8, 2012
    florida
    i know one of mine is import marked. havn't looked the other 2 over enough yet.

13. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Sitka, Alaska
    One of the C&R sites I look into from time to time has a 1936 Tula non-import stamped example for $395, but then they seem to have had it for some time now without any bites.

14. soundguy

May 8, 2012
    florida
    yep.. priced high doesn't = value.

my idea is to not pay any more than I could unload it for in a reasonable market... and hopefully pay less..e tc. thus both enhancing my collection, AND being able to get a lil more out of it. One of mine is an earlier date.. inthe teens.. the other is a 43.. I'd like to end up having earlier units..e tc..