Value of Smith &Wesson model of 91

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Demorriow, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Demorriow

Demorriow New Member

I have a nickel Smith & Wesson model of 91 revolver with a pearl Handle. Can anyone tell me the value of it?
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I'm pretty up on Smith and Wessons, but am unaware of a "model of 91" revolver.

Could we have a picture or two? Also the markings stamped on the gun.
  3. deadin

deadin Well-Known Member

Model of '91 aka .38 Single Action 3rd Model
    also, sometimes the .22 Single Shot 1st Model.

added: The 3rd Model is normally seen with a trigger guard (held on with pins)
    Occasionally found with a spur trigger and if documented as shipped that way it
    is called a "Mexican Model" and is worth a premium, however the Spur trigger was also offered
    "after market". Not worth as much......
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Good pictures will be needed before we can do any valid evaluation.

Jim
  5. steve99f

steve99f New Member

Dyslexia strikes again. Model 19 I'm thinking.
  6. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

:) Instead of Model 91, should be Model of 1891, Therein, lies the confusion.:), However the barrel is usually marked Model of 91, So Demorriow is correct . Heck, I'm even confused and I've been paying attention:) In the bible it is under 38 Single Action 3rd Model ( Model 1891 ), but the barrel is marked Model 91. got that, don't make me come down and smack your wrist with a ruler.:D
  7. montezumaz

montezumaz Former Guest

:bow: Yes, Sister Jay!