1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Value of Winchester Model 70 30-06

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Nihilistiskism, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Nihilistiskism

Nihilistiskism New Member

Hello. I inherited my father's rifles when he passed away. They were his father's and stepfathers' before him. One of the rifles is a Winchester Model 70 30-06 in really fantastic condition (all his guns are). The serial # tells me it was manufactured in 1954. It's fitted with a Simmons Whitetail Expedition Scope which was added to the rifle within the past 10 years. Can anyone advise me as to how much this rifle might be worth?

-nihil
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Around $1000-1100. Less if in "average hunting" condition, more, if "fantastic condition" means as new and unfired, but that doesn't sound like the case. .30-'06 is one of the most common calibers in that rifle. Remember, that is a retail price, not what you could get for it from a dealer.

The scope adds very little. Incredibly, used scopes don't bring very much, in spite of the fact that a scope, unlike a rifle, is not worn out by using it.

Jim