1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

value on orig. PPK gun box and accesseries

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by buckeye14, Oct 26, 2009.

1. buckeye14

buckeye14 New Member

Hi guys I"m new here to your forum. I really like what I see. I hope you can help me on the value of an original walther ppk gun box with manual, warr. target and cleaning rod. I was given some guns and this was part of the stuff. We couldn"t find the gun, all we could find of the ppk was the box and ammo .32 auto. Any help on value if any would be great. Check out the pics.
    Thanks, John
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  2. Danny

Danny Member

:(Hello John,
    You really in a bad situation, all that ammo and no gun to shoot it. The box is really worthless as it is serial numbered to the weapon. However the cleaning rod may bring you a little money. Also I noticed some of the ammo is old & might be have collector interest. I have never seen any Sears 32cal acp or any of the other small boxes. The best bet is to put it on an auction site and either sell it all, or individual boxes. I know I have scads of prewar PP's & PPK's that would luv to have it.
    Also is that a 45acp 1911 barrel pictured? Wish I could have gave you a better answer, but thats the bottom line.
    Take Care
    Danny
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  3. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Aren't those Sears boxes 20 gauge slugs?
  4. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

i'd post that stuff on e-bay one man junk is another treasure. you'll be surprized at what people collect. for sure the ammo has collector value but so might the box and paper work
  5. buckeye14

buckeye14 New Member

Thanks guys, your right the sears ammo is 20 ga. the rest is 32 auto. I also think the extra barrel is from a ppk. the 32 auto shell fits in it perfectly. one last question any body know when the gun from the box would have been made? just courious. thanks for the info. John
  6. AnthemBassMan

AnthemBassMan Member

-Holy crap! I see a Harts department store price-tags on some of those boxes. There was a Harts store about 10 minutes up the road from me. Bought quite a lot of ammo there myself.

L8R,
    Matt