1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

VCI emitters and ammo

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by jay3534, Dec 6, 2009.

1. jay3534

jay3534 Member

What are the advantages or disadvantages of storing ammo with VCI emitters in the containers?
  2. myg30

myg30 Member

We have them at work but I have never used them,yet.Im not sure if they can or will affect the ammo components. I do use the desiccant paks in my ammo cans.
    Im sure there is a Chemical eng that will respond to this question. I'll try to ask at work in the mean time.

Mike
  3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Personally, I have never given it any thought. I have ammo on hand that is several years old, and it still works fine. If I were storing it in an outside building, or anywhere that was not climite controled, I would surely use something. I think that in the home there would be no need unless you are looking at really long term storage, say decades.
  4. jay3534

jay3534 Member

Sorry I have not gotten back
    Thanks for the replies
    The situation is a friend of mine has decided to store all his gear in a small cabinet ammo and all. Ammo in paper boxes it came in.
    My argument is VCI is a vapor much like humidity and could harm primers