1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Venison loose-meat sandwiches

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by ckill1, Feb 10, 2010.

1. ckill1

ckill1 New Member

I love this recipe, & it's one of the few that I can serve the whole family as they arent crazy about deer meat...

In a crockpot combine the following:

3lbs ground venison
    1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
    3/4 can coke (diet doesn't work!)
    2 small finely diced yellow onions
    3tbsp soy sauce
    2tbsp worchestershire sauce
    1 can beef broth
    1 tsp sea salt
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    1/4 tsp paprika

cook on low overnight with the lid propped open just a crack, serve on choice of bread/bun with mustard & pickles
    Now if I am making this just for myself, I will add crushed red pepper & some hot chilis for a little kick. When I eat it with the family, I add horseradish to my sandwich. I have been trying for a while to replicate Maid Rites recipe for my wife who loves them & this is as close as I could come. Enjoy!

Chris
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

sounds bloody good to me !!

cheers!!!!

jack
  3. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

Sounds fanastic. Only change I would make for my family might be to replace the 3/4 can of Coca Cola with a bottle of Guinness. I get punched for cooking with good beer but the later rewards are worth it.

My philosophy is, "If you wouldn't drink it why cook with it" while my wife's philosophy is "It's called Cooking Wine for a reason."

She hates it when I drink the Cooking Wine.
    I hate it when she nabs my Guinness.
  4. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Sounds really good, Chris... Thanks for sharing it with us.

I've got a big ol pork roast in the crockpot right now that I started on yesterday. Sho' is smelling good!

:D
  5. big steve

big steve New Member

Not exactly the same but i have done something similar to that and it is very good
  6. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

I think you would need the coke for a sweetening or carmelization rather than the beer which may bitter it up a little. I will try this recipe I do a similar one with ground chuck but you have to drain the grease off before its edible.
  7. xm774u

xm774u Former Guest

cool ill post mine tommorow i didnt know recipies were here mine is bbq venison
    trust me its not and yummy outdoor life from 1980,s
  8. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Thanks Chris for posting that! It does sound good, and will have a go at that.
    xm774u, looking forward to yours as well!!!