Venison tenderloin

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by Salvage33, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Salvage33

Salvage33 New Member

Shreveport, LA why leave the USA to visit a 3rd wo
    Venison filets minimum 1" thick (NOT butterflyed)
    garlic
    black pepper
    margarine
    worcestershire sauce
    green onion (1)
    Uncle Ben's wild rice

In a deep skillet (chicken fryer or cast iron) melt one cube of margarine over medium/medium high heat. Mince garlic and add to the melted margarine. Margarine should be bubbling!!! Let the garlic "cook" a minute or two, then add worcestershire sauce to taste (at least five tablespoons) and stir in.

Add liberally peppered filets to the mixture and cook for three minutes each side. Filets should be pink in the middle. Remove filets and cover to retain heat.

In the gravy that is left in skillet, add the package of Uncle Ben's wild rice and stir in 1 1/2 cups of water. Reduce heat and cover stirring occasionally.
    After six minutes, or so, add the finely chopped green onion, tops included, stir, and cover.

When rice is done, serve hot with the filets and whatever vegetable you desire. Enjoy!!!!

NOTE: Other spices like oregano, basil, paprika can be added while browning the garlic.

John
  2. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

3. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Thanks John

I gotten more hogs in the last 45 days than I have seen in years...Sometimes I dont even mess with the ribs/tenderloin, but I have taken some tenderloin.

With that said, have you tried this recipe with pork tenderloin? Sounds like it would work well.

Thanks Man!

Crpdeth
  4. Salvage33

Salvage33 New Member

Shreveport, LA why leave the USA to visit a 3rd wo
    Uh..yep! :D However, I freeze the pork and add it to the hot skillet still frozen. I know, sounds crazy, but you reduce the heat to medium low, and cover with a lid. Takes a bit longer but it actually helps cook the pork all the way through and leave it juicy at the same time.

If I am going to do a whole pork loin, I take my injector and mix up my "mess" and inject it before putting it on the grill or in the oven.

"MESS"

1 cup white wine any
    oil from two cloves of pressed garlic
    1/4 of a small onion - pureed
    two tablespoons of olive oil...you can use vegetable oil, canola, etc.
    two pinches of paprika

Blend it all together and load the injector. Shoot liquid about 1 1/2 inches apart on one side, then roll and use up what's left on the other side.

Follow regular baking temperature and instructions..usually 20 min/lb, and baste with white wine and olive oil mixture...to which I usually add a bit of basil and oregano.

When done, remove the whole tenderloin and let cool for five minutes, then serve each plate as you slice it. If you are up to it...try just a tiny bit of honey mustard dressing lightly spread on the meat. As they say in French restaurants...magnifique!!!

Damn..I'm starting to salivate.

John
  5. Craig

Craig New Member

You sure are making my mouth water. :p