Vent Rib

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by brush_buster, Sep 27, 2005.

1. brush_buster

brush_buster New Member

The vent rib on my Winchester 101 is coming loose........what is involved in fixing it and at about what cost.........

Thanks in advance.......
  2. mtnboomer

mtnboomer New Member

Oklahoma by birth. America by the grace of God.
    There is a special type of adhesive that is used for vent ribs, try Brownell's.
  3. AZCowboy

AZCowboy New Member

Realizing you want the job done right... I had a friend who bought an old Win. 101 Skeet model. The rib was coming off it also. He got it real cheap. He held the rib on with 200 MPH (duct) tape and shot 100 straights regularly... He's gone now but I'll bet the old 101 is still going strong!

Good Luck getting the rib repaired... get it done right! Unless you have great luck and experience with silver solder, find a gunsmith who has been taught correctly. It's an art...

Scott
  4. mtnboomer

mtnboomer New Member

Oklahoma by birth. America by the grace of God.
    Yes, silver solder if it's a metal rib - adhesive if it's plastic.