Very long, very scary

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by armedandsafe, Jun 24, 2005.

1. zaxx

zaxx New Member

"carver" suggests that our government wake up and put America back to work.
    I agree to some extent. I think that our government is getting the wake up call. But instead of putting America back to work it should get the #### out of the way and allow American enterprise and ingenuity to flourish. Progressivism, entitlements and labor have put such a strangle hold on business that all they can do now is barely hang on. The government needs to back off the BS and let Americans regain some self respect.
  2. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

+1 Once again you are right on the money. We can never convince the majority of Americans to boycott the limitless inventory of Chinese merchandise, but we could put people in office who will utilize tariffs to put a considerable dent into Chinese profits. However, before that we've got to stop borrowing from China and balance our budget.
  3. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

China has one very obvious achilles heel. They are even more dependent on imported oil than we are. They produce very little of their own. In a major global engagement at this time, their economy could be shut down in a matter of days. In 5-10 years when most of their proposed pipelines are complete, they would last a couple of days longer. This is why they are such big fans of Iran. Why who controls Afghanistan might actually be an issue (see a map of proposed world pipelines). Why they might get aggressive in contention for the Spratley Islands in the Pacific. I would suggest that China would not be ready to overtake us in the near term, but they are a patient nation and are probably thinking 50 years ahead, one cheap gizmo at a time. Unless a convenient oportunity can be presented to them...
  4. ofitg

ofitg New Member

Pops, I'm glad you made this point. People who don't know about the Council on Foreign Relations, and what it's been doing over the past 90 years, should study up on it.

Don't wait for the mainstream media to tell about the CFR - it ain't gonna happen.