Very Strange Occurrence with a Benelli MP95

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by deadin, Mar 10, 2010.

1. deadin

deadin Well-Known Member

Monday was our last week of a postal league I shoot in. (.22 Slow fire and .22 NMC) There are six of us that shoot on Monday afternoons. ( 2 Benelli MP95s, 2 Pardinis, a Sig Trailside and a Walther GSP)
    Anyway we were on the last leg, 1st string of Rapid Fire of the NMC when my MP95 bounced the empty of the first shot off the bottom of the ‘scope and back into the action causing a jam.:mad: I stuck my hand up and called for an alibi. So did the MP95 guy next to me. We compared and they were identical jams. Weird!!:eek:
    We topped off our magazines and fired the 2nd string with no problems.

Then came the alibi round, fresh 5 rounds loaded into the same magazine…. Fire!..
    Bang!....Click!.... Same thing, another identical jam on the 1st round.:mad::mad:

Now the really weird part…. My fellow MP95 shooter is swearing at his gun, he also had the same thing again. What are the odds on this happening?? He hadn’t had any problems all league and I had had some at the beginning of league but had changed my mount and hadn’t had any since. Until Monday.
  2. pickenup

pickenup New Member

I tried figuring the odds, I even took off my shoes.
    I couldn't count that high. :D

That is a "one of a kind" story.
  3. dbltap

dbltap New Member

What's a Postal League.
  4. deadin

deadin Well-Known Member

dbltap,
    A Postal League is a competition where your team or individual scores are mailed in. There are teams all over the country that participate, usually via local gun clubs/ranges.

Here's a link that explains some of it...

http://www.usra1.org/index.html

Dean