Video - EAA's 10mm Witness

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by duelist1954, Mar 20, 2012.

1. duelist1954

duelist1954 Member

In this video we shoot European American Armory's 10mm stell Witness pistol. EAA's Witness pistols are made by Tanfoglio in Italy. They are derived from the CZ75 design, but are upsized to handle the powerful 10mm cartridge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weWUny0rCRo
  2. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

i am a big fan of the 10.

i have a sw 1076 and a kimber 1911 target 10.

I like the looks of the eaa. reminds me alot of the baby eagle.

one of these may be in my collection one day
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

yep. the Baby eagles are also copies of the CZs. Love the design.
  4. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    The 10 is rapidly becoming my favorite round also.
  5. Shep

Shep New Member

Good video.
    The Witness pistols are good pistols and excellent values for the price.
    I`ve got 3 of them. A full size 9mm and both a full size and compact 10mm.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. bob1010

bob1010 New Member

I have had a compact 40s&w witness for several years and just recently bought a full size in the 10mm. Very nice pistols.
  7. LDBennett

LDBennett Active Member

I have a CZ97B in 45ACP and a Witness in 45ACP. Both full size. Compared side by side I see little difference in fit and finish (The CZ is NOT the blued version which was not available when I got it over 15 years ago and both are dulled regular steel with a paint like coating). They feel the same size wise and for ergonomics (as well they should). If I had to choose between the two and I did not know who made which then I might just pick the Witness. But the Italian clone Witness can be great or have a few problems. It depends on the luck of the draw. Mine is great but some who report here have had a few problems, none huge. But.....

I bought a CZ75 clone Tanfoglio improrted by FEA, I think it was, some 25 years ago that was not so fine. In fact it is the only gun that failed so bad it could not be repaired. A piece of the slide broke off loosing the metal that retained the plate for retaining the firing pin and no new slides were available as FEA was out of business. The polishing looked to be done in a high school metal class. Like the CZ pattern guns, it sure felt right in the hand. Tanfoglio has come a long way and the Tanfoglio Witness I have is excellent. I'd buy another, if I wanted one.

LDBennett
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  8. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

I have a Witness Elite Match in 10mm, Great gun and very accurate.

I also have a Witness in 40 S&W, not a great gun, more like POS. It came with the New and Un-improved round top slide as seen in the Video ( before being modified).

Half a box of factory ammo and the slide cracked. Back to EAA on my dime, plus my dime for return shipping.

The other half the box and the slide cracked again. Back to EAA in my dime and return shipping on me as well.

Third times a charm right, nope less than 1/2 a box and the slide cracked again. Back to EAA again on my dime. This time they we kind enough to pay return shipping. I also had help from the guys over at the EAA forum and they convinced EAA to install an Older Square top slide, which they did.

No more cracked slide.

I would not purchase a EAA in the new round top again, especially in a 10mm, it will not hold up.

OH, and the good folks at EAA are about as friendly as a Rabid Dog.

One of the cracks.
    [​IMG]

After.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  9. LDBennett

LDBennett Active Member

I said "but some who report here have had a few problems, none huge."

Obviously some of you are not as lucky as me(!!) and the problem was huge! Sorry, steve4102.

Others should notice that I bought my one Witness some 15+ years ago and that the Tanfoglio CZ75 clone that I bought over 25 years ago was junk.I surrendered it to the local Police for destruction. Maybe I caught them at a good moment 15 years ago????

Anyway, it makes no difference to me as I got a good one and I have no plans to buy another or for that matter any other pistol at this time. My 10mm is a Colt Delta Elite and I have a CZ75B in 40S&W with a Kadet conversion for it. The only reason I ever bought a Witness was to get the ergo's of the CZ when CZ's could not be legally imported. That, of course, has changed today as CZ is a major player today in the US gun marketplace and I have taken advantage of that. I have 7 1/2 (the 1/2 is the Kadet conversion) CZ pistols, and rifles. In general, every one is the most gun for the least money and all are superbly made. All were purchased within the last 15 years since importation of CZ's was legal. If any gun is in my future it might be another real CZ (???), rifle or pistol.

LDBennett