The Firearms Forum banner

Video: Girlfriend's new Browning 1911 22lr Pistol

Tags
5K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  goofy 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#10 ·
That was my thought. Where's the girlfriend and where's the shooting.
Is that gun made in Utah? Or is that just the warehouse import center in Morgan, Utah.
Does anybody know?
I'm going to be looking at the Buckmarks, and I'll have the same question.
dc

#12 ·
I only have one suppressor, here are my threaded ones:
Savage Mark II,
Gun Firearm Trigger Shotgun Black

Ruger 10/22 in 17Mach2
Line Black Shotgun Parallel Iron

Ruger 10/22 in .22LR
Brown Product White Black Grey

Ruger 22/45 Lite
Green Gun Firearm Photograph Trigger

Thompson Contender in 5.7 X 28
Gun Rifle Firearm Textile Trigger

And a picture of my Huntertown Arms .22 suppressor:
Product Metal Cylinder Silver Circle

I had one of our TFF members, Helix_FR, do the threading on the 17Mach2 and the 5.7X28. He did a great job with a quick turnaround time and a really good price.

Attachments

#15 ·
I have one too, bought the year they came with a specially marked rug. Excellent gun and even though it is scaled down, I have no trouble handling it. It is light years better than those zinc alloy GSG and like guns because it is aluminum and steel. It is a lot pricier but you get what you pay for, in my opinion.

The girl shooting in the last video needs help in how to grip a gun. She kind of has her hands around the grips and not behind the gun. You only need the tip of the finger on the trigger. But if she is happy with her technique, I guess all is fine.

LDBennett

#16 ·
[QUOTE="LDBennett, post: 1427419, member: 1161

The girl shooting in the last video needs help in how to grip a gun. She kind of has her hands around the grips and not behind the gun. You only need the tip of the finger on the trigger. But if she is happy with her technique, I guess all is fine.

LDBennett[/QUOTE]

That's a "cup grip" not one a beginner should use that is how I was taught in the USMC some say it is a military grip.
Knuckle to knuckle is how she should be holding it. That is how beginners are shown how to grip a gun around here.
The "cup grip" is how I shoot. When training to become a instructor I could never get the "Knuckle to Knuckle" grip right and when I tried it I shot like crap.
Mike

#17 ·
What ever it is called, it has the problem of torquing the hand. If the grip is behind the gun the recoil goes directly into the arm. This "cup" grip may end up making a new shooter drop the gun or not have enough resistance to cause the gun to not fully function.

I am no shooting instructor, nor do I have time in the military, nor do I compete, but I do know physics and that "cup" grip is potential trouble for anyone with a weak grip, like most women. I am surprised it is taught anywhere....But what do I know????

LDBennett

#18 · (Edited)
First I now understand what you were talking about. You are talking about the position of her RIGHT hand and I agree it is not right. I was talking about the left hand and how it was under the right not "Gripping the right".
How it was explained to me is the "cup grip" builds your wrist up so you can shot one handed and be accurate this allows you to grip for half the mag and as you are readying another mag for loading you can still shot accurate with the one hand and drop the spent mag. and reload mush faster then reaching for the next mag. when you are out of ammo.
The less time between the last round and the first round is critical.
Remember this grip is for when you are shooting at more then one person and not when you are target shooting.
I agree this should not be used by someone that can not shoot one handed or handle the recoil of there weapon.
Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.