Video - Lee Enfield Sporting Rifle

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by duelist1954, Aug 17, 2012.

1. duelist1954

duelist1954 Member

I turned a junked out British military Lee Enfield No.4 Mk1 rifle into a Mannlicher-stocked sporting rifle about 15 years ago. It has been my most used deer rifle since then.

If I found one in similar shape these days I'd be more likely to find a military stock and restore it, but I'm still happy I built this one.

In the video, I'll shoot it, and I'll show you how to convert the magazine and trigger guard to a sporting configuration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-sG7voPK0k
  2. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Very nice. Liked the video.
  3. Munch

Munch Member

Very nice rifle and good video. I have a bubbaized enfield and have been thinking of going with a composite stock for hunting/target. I would really like to restore to original but the stocks are a bit pricey for the condition I find. Thanks for the video, good to see these great weapons being used and cared for!