Video - Making and shooting home made C&B revolver wads

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by duelist1954, Aug 22, 2012.

1. duelist1954

duelist1954 Member

In this video I'll show cap and ball shooters how to save a lot of money by making their own lubricated felt cap & ball revolver wads. The video shows how I make my black powder lube, and how I make lubed cap and ball revolver wads. Then we'll load an Uberti 1860 Army revolver using our homemade wads and do some shooting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgNVPC2wmWI
  2. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Thanks, duelist1954;
    I bought 100 wads, found a recipe for lube and a source for the wool felt and have been making my own wads since. Still have most of the store-bought wads left, for emergencies.

They work fine for me.

Some say the home made lube makes the powder residue easier to clean up after a shooting session.