1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Video - Making and shooting home made C&B revolver wads

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by duelist1954, Aug 22, 2012.

1. duelist1954

duelist1954 Member

In this video I'll show cap and ball shooters how to save a lot of money by making their own lubricated felt cap & ball revolver wads. The video shows how I make my black powder lube, and how I make lubed cap and ball revolver wads. Then we'll load an Uberti 1860 Army revolver using our homemade wads and do some shooting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgNVPC2wmWI
  2. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Thanks, duelist1954;
    I bought 100 wads, found a recipe for lube and a source for the wool felt and have been making my own wads since. Still have most of the store-bought wads left, for emergencies.

They work fine for me.

Some say the home made lube makes the powder residue easier to clean up after a shooting session.