Vihtavuori powders question

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by dammitman, Feb 14, 2010.

1. dammitman

dammitman Member

i have been handloading 45 winchester magnum rounds now for several months and settled on using 15 grains of blue dot for all jacketed bullets in 230, 240, 250 and 260 grain. i have cronographed all of them and it seems that 15 grains of blue dot really works well for every weight. i am shooting them thru a LAR grizzly. anyways i have some load data for using Vihtavuori powders and am wondering what the cleanest burning one would be? here are the types i have load data for,,,,,
    VV-N350
    VV-3N37
    VV-N105
    VV-N110

i only ask because as we all know, some powders are much dirtier than others and unless they perform really well, why mess up a perfectly good pistol!
    so any info on your experience with those powders in any magnum round like 44 would be appreciated, i say 44 magnum because the data for 44 magnum and 45 magnum is very similar, so your xperience with it in a 44 round would more than likely be helpful!
  2. dammitman

dammitman Member

doesnt anyone use this brand of powder? i guess i wont either, its rather expensive and i would have thought that after all day someone would have some comment on it.
  3. The_Rifleman

The_Rifleman New Member

I use VIHT N-135 in my 30-30 and VIHT N-110 in my 357 for 357 loads. They clean up well for me.

And in all fairness, you specified use in only 2 cartridges.
  4. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

I've never used VV powders in any pistol cartridges.
    I have used some of their stuff in rifle cartridges though (N-160 and N-165 in .25-06 and 6.5x55).

Can't say anything bad about the brand as a whole from my little experience...except as you mentioned it is a bit harder to find locally.