virginia concealed carry?

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Jerryboy, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Jerryboy

Jerryboy Well-Known Member

does anyone know what the laws are in Virginia regarding the exact language on "no guns" and "no weapons" signs at businesses? just wondering, because i know that in some states the sign has to have the exact wording of the law in order to be enforceable.
  2. TotheTop83

TotheTop83 Member

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-308

There's the law. Looks like it's illegal on private property if posted. Section O (4 5ths of the way down the page). states:

O. The granting of a concealed handgun permit shall not thereby authorize the possession of any handgun or other weapon on property or in places where such possession is otherwise prohibited by law or is prohibited by the owner of private property.

PS. Love your signature! I'd love to have that store down the street.
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  3. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

as stated many times, if it is properly concealed no one will know you are carrying
  4. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

I go with hillbilly. as long as they dont know well........i did it for years and it worked just fine
  5. Jerryboy

yeah i know, i carry in Costco even though it's posted, just wanted to know if there was a loophole i could slip through.
  6. TotheTop83

TotheTop83 Member

Agree 100% but he asked about the law.
  7. runes

runes Member

You are not breaking the law in a mall, store etc. that posts. If they find out you are carrying they will ask you to leave or face trespass charge.
  8. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Well-Known Member

The only thing I worry about in the "it's posted but I carry in anyway" scenario is, at least in my state, if you break the rules, you might not go to jail, get fined or face any other legal issue.

But, you are VERY likely to lose you carry permit. Not worth it. If they don't want me in their store, I don't go in.
  9. Jerryboy

i don't go in either if i can help it, but there are places you just have to go sometimes.