1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Virginia House Bill 885 wtf?

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by ski9393, Feb 17, 2010.

1. ski9393

ski9393 New Member

passed 74-25, would allow any person who may lawfully posses a firearm and is carrying a handgun while in a personal, private vehicle or vessel to keep the firearm secured in a container or compartment in the vehicle or vessel

Does this mean that without a ccw you can carry a loaded handgun, somewere other than the trunk/cargo area or your vehicle, provided that it is in box or case of some sort. I would like more information on this. I read the legal mumbo jumbo from the NRA-ILA link provided with it, but it was pretty much greek to me. If any police officers see this, or better yet, lawyers see this, pleas pm me I'll give you a link, I really want to know more about this.
  2. wpage

wpage Active Member

Without ccw it will more than likely be restrictive and require unloaded gun locked in one container trunk. Ammo locked in another.
  3. dbrodin

dbrodin New Member

It is adding a new exception to what constitutes illegal concealed carry. Full text (as revised) of the law here. Bill Status here.

Dale
  4. Redhand

Redhand Active Member

I don't know all of the legal mumbo-jumbo but I heard somewhere in my travels that a CCW allows you to carry on your person only. I think there are other statutes you could possibly run afoul of by having a weapon concealed in other locations. I think the intent of this statute is to cover those areas where a CCW holder has to leave their weapon in a vehicle because of some anti-gun BS. It was probably quickly written,submitted and will be revised with more specfic wording.:confused::confused::confused: