Virginia OC man arrested for brandishing & obstruction of justice for fingerpointing

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by user, Dec 3, 2010.

1. user

user Active Member

Northern piedmont of Va. and Middle of Nowhere, We
  2. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Re: Virginia OC man arrested for brandishing & obstruction of justice for fingerpoint

Sounds like a case of "obstruction of cop" more than anything. A PO'ed LEO who didn't get their way at the time and place and it turned into "pay back" time. Makes me feel so much safer just knowing that there are such small, shallow, petty, vengeful, keepers of the peace out there. I know I'll sleep much better now. :rolleyes:
  3. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

Re: Virginia OC man arrested for brandishing & obstruction of justice for fingerpoint

I remember a quote from a police LT. friend of mine. " We're the police, we can do anything we want!"
  4. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

When you exercise your right to OC, this is the hassle you can expect to get. It ain't right, but it's the way it is...
  5. user

user Active Member

This is part of what the fuss is about. There are lots of socially responsible, self-reliant, law-abiding folks carrying guns openly in order to defend themselves, their homes, and their families, which is their right and duty, guaranteed by the Constitution of Virginia. Such people should not "expect to get" that kind of treatment merely because some "security" contractor gets his feelings hurt or feels challenged.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  6. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

agree wholeheartedly. I would love to OC every day for the pure comfort of it. I practically do. I use OWB paddle holsters, and wear a shirt over the rig. I just don't want to get slammed on the hood of a cruiser for exercising my rights. I guess I kind of look at it the same way I look at cigarettes. I am a smoker, but I do my best not to smoke around people who don't like to smell it, or people I don't know, because I don't know if they mind or not. In these instances, I dip. I get my nic fix, and nobody knows it...
  7. gunpir8

gunpir8 New Member

Being a ex LEO, it is a classic case of Pissed off Police. I have seen it numerous times during my tenure as a LEO, other than the lack of pay this is one of the reasons that i left law enforcement. I had a simliar situation where I was stopped for a "traffic violation" and was released. After being released with a warning, I proceeded to tell the sheriff's deputy that I was glad he did not give me the ticket because we were going to go to court over the ticket. Seeing the deputy getting pissed off becuase I questioned his authority, I began to leave at which time he asked for consent to search my vehicle at which time I politely excercised my 4th admendment right and declined. Of course, this opened a whole new can of worms. I was further detained unlawfully while waiting for the K-9 officer to arrive and the supervisor. eventually, the situation was resolved and the supervisor let me know that the deputy had just completed his field training. This ridiculous and an outrage!
  8. user

user Active Member

9. user

user Active Member