Virginia's back ground check

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rjgnwdc, Dec 24, 2011.

1. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member

It's been awhile since I have posted here but I always seem to get an answer, I have lived in Virginia for 10 years now and have purchased several firearms (pistols, rifles and shotguns) with the pistols as everybody knows there is a required background check, for me the wait for it to be OK'd varies from a couple hours to several days the VSP website says it is practically instantaneous or about 2 minutes or so to get okayed... well it's never been that quick but some of my gun owner buddies say it usually only takes an hour or less. I work for the federal government (GSA) so I have had my background checked at least 5 times since I have worked for them. I have no police record hell I haven't had a traffic ticket in 8 years and I paid that within 2 weeks so I was wondering why does it take so long for my BC to clear?:confused:
  2. berto64

berto64 Active Member

rjgnwdc,

It's possible your being a Fed employee may be holding up your approvals. As paranoid as this admin is they may want be secure that you're not gonna go to work and "Go Postal".
    Nice to see you back and have a Very Merry Christmas!
  3. Ledslnger

Ledslnger New Member

Or, if you have had "any" tickets even minor ones involving weed, even possession of misdemeanor amount it will slow it up. I don't believe it matters how long ago it was either.
  4. Little Rooster

Little Rooster New Member

Also if you have the same name as a known felon they have to back up then check under your social security number. Another one that slows them down in Virginia is a Big Gun Show somewhere. The last one I did was back faster than I could pay for it.
  5. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member

Well the wait is over picked er up today can't get away to shoot till Friday though, hope to have a range report soon here's a pick or 2
    [​IMG]
    I broke er down for a once over.
    [​IMG]
    Here is my collection of 1911's
    [​IMG]
    Caspian/Wilson custom, Colt CE and R1 Remington Enhanced
  6. Dennis C

Dennis C New Member

Very nice collection you have there!