Visiting with a Friend Today

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

tuckerd1
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/8/01 9:01:43 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Visiting with a Friend Today
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Met this fellow last year about this time right outside the fence to my hunting property and we have become pretty good friends since then. He had told me he collects old military rifles, and today He finally showed me some of his collection. I'm not very knowledgeable on this matter, but boy was I impressed!! 300-400 old rifles ranging from 1873 45-70 to French military police rifles. Claims to have almost every type Mosin Nagant ever made. He has Mosin Nagant made by Remington, Westinghouse, the French and Switzerland. He has 1903's, P14's, P17's, various 93 and 98 Mausers and various Japanese. One particular jap had a wire type monopod, aircraft sights and the dustcover still over the bolt. Noisiest bolt gun I ever heard!

One day soon we are going to get together with digtal camera and catalog some of his more unique stuff. He says he would like to part with some of his collection.

After today I get the urge to start looking for this old hardware myself!! I don't need another addiction!!

Damn it Ken!!

MO JENKINS
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/8/01 9:58:58 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Visiting with a Friend Today
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tuck,
    Personally, I don't trust much else besides military stuff, and have no desire to collect it if it's not military either! I have to qualify that by saying that "military type" guns also interest me. This includes (for me) good pump shotguns, as they have almost all been deemed reliable enough to see SOME military service. I suppose a COLT "Peacemaker" would also qualify on my list. I suppose I am opening a floodgate here for myself, but there is a logic to it and it works for me. The problem I have with so much "civilian" stuff is that I can almost always find a military/type gun to do the job much cheaper and more reliably. Of coarse, everybody needs a 10/22! That goes without saying.

Spanish Cruffler
    (8/9/01 5:51:56 am)
    If he is going to part out some of them Moisin Nagants, let Polishshooter know.

tuckerd1
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/9/01 6:13:24 am)
    Bob, I had already thought about polishshooter and you other guys that collect these type weapons. I'll get them posted here before anywhere else.

the real fredneck
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/9/01 6:45:38 am)
    Bob
    I thought you had every type of MN already

Spanish Cruffler
    (8/9/01 7:15:35 am)
    At one time, I had about every type but the French and Swiss made rifles. I have since changed my collecting interests to the Spanish pistols, and sold a lot of the MN rifles. If I had known Polishshooter sooner, I would have greatly enhanced his collection. Now days, I am looking for good examples of Destroyer carbines, and FN49 rifles. Otherwise, it is Spanish semi-auto pistols.