Voere .22 l.r. bolt action

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by jhaustin1881, Nov 24, 2007.

1. jhaustin1881

jhaustin1881 New Member

Hello! I have a caliber .22 l.r. rifle made by Voere. It appears to me that the rifle is pretty old. When I started cleaning it up - the barrel had a coating of surface rust, its stock was unvarnished and fairly nicked up and 99% of the blueing was gone - I found the following markings on the barrel:
    "VOERE GmbH. Vahrenbach/Germany Cal.22 l.r. 351093" and then there is a hexagon shaped mark that, with a little imagination, looks like this: voere marking.JPG

On the bolt housing is the same hexagon marking and the number "66" with another marking that looks kinda like a childs drawing of ocean waves stamped on it.

Visiting http://www.voere.com I came across only one product pic. that came close to matching the looks of the rifle I am asking about. It is this: VoereM2113.jpg

There are several differences between the rifle in the pic. and the rifle I possess. The pic shows a checker pattern at the nose of the wooden receiver that my rifle does not have. The other patterns shown in the pic. resemble the ones on my rifle. The pic. also appears to show a notch in the wooden receiver for the bolt lever to push down into that my rifle lacks. Also, the bolt lever in the pic. looks more rearward of the ejector port than mine is. Finally, the curve of the stock behind the action assembly in the pic. is much more extreme than the curve on my rifle.

I followed a Google link to this sites posting from 2005 on a Voere .22 rifle and learned quite a bit about the company, its merger with Mauser and the fellow who bought up all those spare parts. Thanks to you folks for that by the way - my rifle lacks the front sight.

Along those lines, the rear sight on the rifle I have goes from 25 to 200 in increments of 25 - with a un-numbered hash mark between each number. I am unclear on whether this is different from what Jeeper1 reported in his '05 posting or not.

Finally, on the top of the bolt housing, forward of the ejector port is a triangle with a tree going up to the top point and the word VOERE along the bottom inside of the triangle.

I would so much be grateful for any info. ya'll could help me out with. Thanks in advance.
  2. Welcome to TFF, jh. Glad to have you with us.

I have moved this thread to the Technical Questions and Information forum. You are much more likely to get answers here than in General Discussion.
  3. jhaustin1881

jhaustin1881 New Member

Vielen Dank Herr
  4. patience0830

patience0830 New Member

does it look like this?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this one I just got for $25 and i'm lookin for an extractor and an elevator for the rear sight. could you pass the info you have about voere on tome?
  5. jhaustin1881

jhaustin1881 New Member

The bolt & safety look alot alike but the stock I have has a checkered pattern on it.
  6. Hans325

Hans325 New Member

Hi i have the same rifle as the jhaustin1881 , Voere .22 l.r . It has 3 insignias like hes one but i think those are insignias of a german eagle. Iron sight meter from 20- 200m. So can anyone tell me the year od production for this rifle and value, i would really appreciate it.
  7. drew2

drew2 New Member

I'm thinking of buying one, how do they shoot?
    thanks,
    drew
  8. jhaustin1881

jhaustin1881 New Member

I cannot give you a definitive answer to that question because mine lacks a front sight. However, with that in mind (and, from the pics Patience8030 posted mine is the same style) I can say that, with a minor sticking issue on the safety, the action and trigger pull are excellent. If you have a chance, do a Voere search on this site. There was a thread posted in 2005 that has a lot of really good info. in it. These days Voere (read the thread, there is some confusion - in my mind - as to whether the company is the same) produces what are said to be some outstanding competition rifles. If it is not rude to ask (and if the rifle is similar to mine) could you tell me what you are planning to pay for the one you are thinking of getting? This is not a prelude to a sales pitch, I'm keeping mine as it was a gift.
  9. Frankb

Frankb Member

The German company went out of business some time ago. only the Austrian company remains. They are not the same. If you still need parts you might contact Leroy Wisner at: parts2@wisnersinc.com or www.wisnersinc.com. The chemistry in their steel was exceptional.
  10. jhaustin1881

jhaustin1881 New Member

Many thanks FrankB
  11. Hans325

Hans325 New Member

You got it wrong i do not intend to buy that rifle i already own it,i think we have the same rifles and they are quite old maybe priceless,i think mine is before 1960 it looks quite old, i was searching to find the year of production and the estimated value of the rifle but,but could not find nothing over the internet.Do you have any informations obout it?
  12. jhaustin1881

jhaustin1881 New Member

I am w/o a clue as to value, etc. I think they are older than the 60's. Please let me know if you discover anything