Voere 22lr open bolt rifle

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by jeeper1, May 17, 2003.

1. jeeper1

jeeper1 New Member

I have had for many years an open bolt 22lr rifle that has needed a front sight and the spring and plunger that keeps the receiver cap from unscrewing. I would like to know where to get the front sight and spring/plunger parts and also what it is worth.
    The barrel is marked Voere Voehrenbach Germany Kal 22lr and model 2005.
    The receiver is marked Kleinguenther, Sequin/texas (obviously the importer)
    The front sight is unusal as it slides into the f/s base from the front and is very narrow.The rear sight is adjustable for elevation from 0 to 200 meters in increments of 12.5 meters and drift adjustable for windage.
    The magazine holds 10 rds.
  2. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Welcome jeeper1!...

I don't have an answer but, i'll help by looking it up and around. The feller's that are in "The Know" will be around sooner or later. BTW, Welcome again to TFF...Do you like to shoot?...[​IMG] ...if so jump into the target matches in the other forums anytime...[​IMG]
    Last edited: May 17, 2003
  3. jeeper1

jeeper1 New Member

I used to shoot a lot years ago. I am suffering money and health problems and only shoot my 37mm's and then not often.
  4. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

5. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Numrich does not have it. I have a Voere in the rack now and am still awaiting parts from Austria.
  6. jeeper1

jeeper1 New Member

AD, got any idea as to what they are worth?
  7. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Around $500, give or take. A lot of the open-bolt Voere's were converted to full-auto, interesting rifle.

As a side note, there was also a Voere in Germany completely unrelated to the Austrian manufacturer. The KDF importer marks and model designation of yours indicate Austrian manufacturer.

Voere in Austria CAN supply you with sights, but prepare to wait a bit for delivery.
  8. ftstinyc

ftstinyc New Member

He said his gun is marked Germany how could it be Austrian?
  9. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

According to the Blue Book:

"KDF rifles were manufactured by Voere (until 1987) in Vohrenbach, W. Germany."

"Older KDF rifles were private labeled by Voere and marked KDF. Since Voere was absorbed by Mauser-Werke in 1987, model designations changed."

Also according to the Blue Book, the Model 2005 was imported in 1986 only.

If Mauser continued to make this rifle, perhaps they might be a source of parts.....or perhaps you could try KDF in Seguin, TX.
  10. DrDremel

DrDremel New Member

11. stash247

stash247 New Member

Trust me on this; KDF is the successor to Kleinguenthers, who imported the rifle, originally. I know the principals in both companies. KDF has all of the earlier records, and would be my first attempt, for parts.
    If you go Voere, direct, time is lost both ways, as all written media must go english>german, then german> english. It's slow. Voere is alive, well and more than responsive to 'Help" requests, if they are 'doable' Give them a try, as well!
  12. ftstinyc

ftstinyc New Member

I just went thru this in Oct 2005. I called Seguin Texas for a magazine for my
    KDF voere K-22 bolt action rifle. They did not have any parts and refered me
    to Voere in Austria which at the time I thought had nothing to do with Voere
    in Germany. Come to fine out that after Mauser bought out Voere in Germany
    that they had Voere in Austria make some of the German rifles for them. I contacted them and they did have some of the German parts but would not
    take a International money order. They would only take a credit card or a
    auto deduction from my account. Not wanting to have my account numbers
    going out of the country I gave up on them. I learned on the net that there
    was a guy in Germany that bought up all the Voere parts when they went
    out of business. I contacted him and from start to finish I had the mag in less
    than two weeks. Contact information is E-mail Leitung@jehn.de Web-site is
    www.jehn.de The name of the company is Gustav Jehn Gmbh. Weapons-
    ammunition inports- export business. I ended up sending cash thru the mail.
    Price for one 10 rd mag was 35,00 Euro or $42.00 US. I am going to order
    somemore mags but wanted to not sent too much cash the first time just to
    see how it would go. The German Voere is not made anymore by anyone.
    BTW it is probably one of the finest rifles ever made IMO. Voere in Germany
    is not alive and well. Voere in Austria is still in Business but don't know what
    they make today. Hope this helps. I probably could of sent cash to Austria as
    well. These People in Germany or Austria don't seem to know what a MO is.
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2006
  13. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

In the case of not wanting to give out CC numbers overseas, I have an option for you:

Go to a Simon mall and buy a "Gift Card." They're debit-cards issued by Visa. You then have to go online to www.simoncard.com to register it to be eligible for Internet purchases. Make your overseas purchase with them and don't worry about it. Put just enough money in the card to cover the purchase. Toss when done.
  14. ftstinyc

ftstinyc New Member

Thank You sounds like a plan to me. Thanks Again.