VOERE GmbH. Vohrenbach/Germany Cal. 22 l.r.

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by lucky644, Nov 7, 2008.

1. lucky644

lucky644 New Member

Hello,

I have come to own this...amazing rifle. It's beautiful, and very accurate. But, it does not have a clip. I've been trying and trying to find one, without much luck. And I'm also having difficulty actually identifying the model number.

Can anyone tell me anything about it?

I've tried attaching pics but I get an error :(

I'll keep trying to post them though.
  2. Enfield

Enfield New Member

Hi Lucky
    I had a Voere for a while and that also was missing the clip, I found one dealer over here with one but they go for crazy money (like $180) so I ended up selling the gun without it, however I heard the you can modify a Magtech clip to work - may be worth looking into becauase they are readily available and cheap

Cheers

Enfield
  3. lucky644

lucky644 New Member

retrying photos..it seems the forum doesn't like png.

Attached Files:

4. lucky644

lucky644 New Member

rest of the photos

Attached Files:

5. lucky644

lucky644 New Member

Do you have any additional information on this magtech clip?
  6. Frankb

Frankb Member

You might e mail Leroy Wisner at www.wisnersinc.com. He has made parts for old Voere centerfire rifles in the past that are hard to find now. Voere of Vohrembach, Germany made fine rifles. They went out of business as the result of non payment on a large order. Mauser bought the factory in 1996.
  7. lucky644

lucky644 New Member

No luck there unfortunately.
  8. chemfantry

chemfantry New Member

I had a similar problem with a rifle that had no Make/Model on it. It was simpily marked "Made in USSR" and had a wood plug in the magazine well (which I still have for some reason). I took it to a gun show and found a booth that had piles of odds and ends .22LR mags and found one that "kinda" fit. I used a dremel tool to make it functionally fit.
  9. Enfield

Enfield New Member

Hi Lucky
    No I don't have any more info, the Magtech's are very common and cheap over here in NZ - I guess that you could ask around dealers in the US.

I believe that the magtech was a copy of the Marlin (597 or whatever) semi auto so you may be able to use one of them as well

For the modification, if you are not experienced with that type of thing you should talk to a gunsmith but it is usually a simple job of adding or modifying the notches in the mag (clip) so that it engages and locks into the Voere

If you got really stuck I could mabe find you a contact here in NZ - maybe they can send one to the US

Good Luck

Enfield
  10. lucky644

lucky644 New Member

I'll visit a local dealer and see if he can bring in some Magtech, Buckmark and anything else that might be close.

I was told the H&K 270 magazine could be modded but I'm not sure.
  11. Norbrat

Norbrat New Member

G'day

Just wondering if you ever had any luck finding a magazine for your Voere.

I have a bolt action Voere, but I think the semi auto mags are different.

Anyway, there is a gun auction site in Germany at www.egun.de

If you go there and do a search on Voere, you will find quite a few listings, including whole rifles. Yours is a "Selbstlader" (self-loader) or "Selbstladebüchse" or "Selbstladegewehr" (self-loading rifle) or "Halbautomat" (semi-auto).

There is a 15 shot magazine offered which may be suitable; Item 2278551 described as "HK 22er Magazin BW für Landmann, Anschütz, Voere, HK nur € 9,99".

The description (I'm paraphrasing) says that it is a magazine to suit various small calibre semi-autos such as Landmann - Voere - ERMA etc. If necessary, use a triangular file to cut a notch to suit the magazine catch of the rifle. Made by Heckler and Koch, in original packaging and brand new.

They offer a money back guarantee, and take PayPal.

It's a "buy it now" for €9,99 (about US$14) plus postage.

I reckon it's worth an email to them. If you are interested but get stuck with trying to translate the pages, etc, send me an email and I'll do what I can to help.

Good luck,

Cheers, Norbert
  12. lucky644

lucky644 New Member

Thank you for taking the time to give me all this information. I did find a couple (5rnd and 10rnd) clips off *********.com which looked close, I bought them both (way overpriced) and when they arrived I realized they weren't fitting right. I used a dremel to allow the clip to move further into the rifle so the bolt would catch the rounds.

Works fairly well, but I'm not sure if the angle of the feed is correct, seems to be more of an angle than it needs..

I'll look into this right away, for that price it's worth checking into.

Thanks again! I'll see if I can navigate the site...
  13. lucky644

lucky644 New Member

I'm not sure, but I think I bought it haha...

Now to figure out how to pay them....
  14. lucky644

lucky644 New Member

Sadly it doesn't fit, this one narrows in the front but my gun doesn't, so theres a gap when the clip starts to go in (it never goes inside though, too wide)
  15. crashmobile44

crashmobile44 New Member

I have gotten a few different old .22's to work well by using inexpensive marlin mags or savage mags. It seems they are a close fit to a lot of other guns and can usualy be found at wall mart for around $10. May require some dremmel work but their cheap enough. It seems like you all ready have a pritty good idia of what size you need. You might get lucky with a cheap mag instead of serching for hi dollar ones. Marlin mags tend to be larger and have lots of extra metal on the back so with some work, they can easily be modified without effecting the internal moving parts.
  16. rodmantx

rodmantx New Member

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck finding a mag for a bolt-action
    VOERE GmbH. Vohrenbach/Germany Cal. 22 lr ?
  17. lucky644

lucky644 New Member

I have about 5 of them now haha, I've modded them slightly so they sort of fit...

You can find them on ********* all the time for auction. $60 bucks each minimum.