Volquartsen 10/22 Vs Anshutz

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

NeVeTaS
    (1/4/03 1:52:05 pm)
    Reply Volquartsen 10/22 Vs Anshutz
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello!

I currently have an Anshutz 1417 .22

Picture here www.nevetas.com

This easily produces 1/2" normally less @ 50 yards.

I was also thinking of buying a Volquartsen 10/22 Deluxe w/ Laminated Wood. www.volquartsen.com/product.asp?pid=4 However I'm concerned with accuracy and jamming? Anygot one of these rifles? WIll it shoot sub 1/2" @ 50.

I've shoot 120 yard rabbits with my Anshutz no problem, could the Volquartsen keep up?

Any help appreciated.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/4/03 9:02:21 pm)
    Reply Re: Volquartsen 10/22 Vs Anshutz
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Volquartsen, depends on the rifle. If you choose the fixed barrel/over the lugged (no slouch either) it will easily produce sub 1/2`s at 50. Jamming???? Don`t think so, very slick rifles for the dollars-complete, nicely tuned. I do better though (hehehehehehe) just takes longer........

LTS

1chessman
    (1/6/03 8:07:53 pm)
    Reply I would never knock the volquartsen, but....
    I shoot an Anschutz in local competitions, and doubt you will find a better shooting rifle. The one question I have to ask is why you would want to change rifles if you are shooting >MOA with the one you have? Now, adding another rifle to the collection is perfectly understandable.

I bought my Anschutz from a Marine Corp. Rifle Team member friend of mine who was vying for a spot on an Olympic team when he got into financial trouble. The question I would pose to the group is: How many Volquartsens are used for national match competition? I honestly don't know. If they are used in competition at the top and are doing well, then your answer is shoot the one you prefer.

NeVeTaS
    (1/6/03 8:13:25 pm)
    I want to change because I fancy a semi auto, the reason I can't add it to my collection is because my gun cabinet is full. Under UK law I would need another cabinet for another gun and don't have space or ££ to add another one.

All my guns are bolt action, the only semi's we are allowed in UK is .22LR and .22WMR so basically just fancied a change.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/6/03 9:27:57 pm)
    Volquartsen also makes a 22WRM semi-auto.......1/2 @ 100 yards.....now thats fun!!!!!!

LTS

1chessman
    (1/6/03 11:33:37 pm)
    Now I understand your question. Personally, I would not be able to part with the Anschutz. That said, I do understand wanting to own another rifle, and Volquartsen produces a fine piece. My favorite semi-auto is a tricked-out 10/22. My dad recently sold a Weatherby .22 that was supposed to be a match-grade rifle. He was very disappointed when it wouldn't shoot as well as my 10/22 that was worth half as much.

Good luck. Bummer that you can't own as many firearms as you would like.

NeVeTaS
    (1/7/03 7:07:16 am)
    Do you think the Volquartsen will do sub 1/2" groups at 50 yards, or will it struggle?

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/7/03 7:15:09 am)
    all day long.......