Volquartsen MKII LLV w/ sights

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

GeoNLR
    (4/15/02 8:48:52 am)
    Reply Volquartsen MKII LLV w/ sights
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone had any dealing with this part? Worth the price? Here is my delima. I bought a MK2 with fixed sights. I want to set it up for a red dot or other. The rear adj sight is $60, the grip scope mount $50 OR $35 mount + $100 for drilling a taping from a smith. So when comparing $110-$195 to Volquartsen $240 complete upper with sight and intgrated base isn't a bad deal.

Any and all sugesting welcome.

Thanks,

George

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/15/02 9:03:24 am)
    Reply Re: Volquartsen MKII LLV w/ sights
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Those are two ways to do it, but there`s a third. There is a base, that mounts to the front and rear sight screw holes. It spans the entire length of the barrel and allows the scope to be mounted in several places. Remove front and rear sight, attach mount....WA-LA! It has a step down machined in it to go from the receiver to the barrel. Bout $50.00. LTS

WELCOME!
    T.F.F.

GeoNLR
    (4/15/02 9:17:39 am)
    Hey thank for the reply. I have thought of that BUT that would only allow me to use a scope. I will need my sights for the iron sight match, that's why I want the adj sights.

Thanks again.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/15/02 10:00:44 am)
    Sounds like a good reason to have two pistols. LTS
    T.F.F.

GeoNLR
    (4/15/02 2:33:49 pm)
    Well I went ahead and did it. Love the feel. Haven't shot it yet.

I do have another question. Has anyone had their frame painted? To have such a trick upper on a standard black frame just seems a shame. I was thinking a metalic red or something? Any sugestions?

George