Volquartsen stabilation module

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by BK 1022, Dec 3, 2009.

1. BK 1022

BK 1022 New Member

Hey guys,

I just bought this thing from cabelas and thought it went onto the factory barrel but apearantly not. The id on this thing looks like it go over a 50. cal barrel What do I need to get to put this thing on? Also how do remove the Factory barrel sight I hope it is not soldered on as barrel is camo wrapped.

Thanks for the help

BK
  2. Smoky14

Smoky14 Member

Email VQ and ask them what they had in mind. MHO
  3. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

I assume you have a 10/22 as that is the only firearm I'm aware of that volquartsen makes the module for. It is designed to fit over the heavy profile barrel or "bull barrel" that many people install as an after market upgrade. It has a diameter of .920 inches the whole length of the barrel.

It should also be noted that to install one of the heavy barrels you would either need a new stock or to drill out your existing one to fit the larger profile. You probably have the standard barrel or what is referred to as the "sporter" profile.

The front sight is removed by simply drifting it out with either a special tool that gunsmiths might have, or else using a vice, a brass rod and a hammer. If I remember correctly it drifts out from left to right (if you're looking at the front sight like you're shouldering the rifle), but I could be wrong on that.

I've never heard anyone say that the stabilization module really did anything, but if you do install it and notice that it does have an effect, please let us know.

Here is a picture of a 10/22 bull barrel.

Attached Files:

• bbl.jpg
      bbl.jpg
      File size:
      27.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    This module clamps onto the end of a .920" diameter target barrel from any manufacturer by way of a tensioning screw. The module works like a muzzle brake on a centerfire rifle, keeping you on target and allowing faster follow-up shots. Eliminates muzzle jump by directing gasses to side of muzzle. Weighs 1.8 oz.