Voting place

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Alpo, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

How many of y'all checked to make sure that you knew where to vote - that they had not changed the location on you since last time?

How many checked to make sure they had not "realigned the district" and you were now voting in a different precinct?

They did that here. One young lady, while I was at the polls, got caught in that. They had to call and find out where she was supposed to be.

On one of the boards I read, someone said that anybody that was so stupid they did not know where to go to vote should not be allowed. That seemed kinda harsh, to me. I didn't check to see if I'd changed. I just went back to the place I'd been voting at for the last 15 years or so.

I know they change locations. First time I voted was in '74. I've always been in the same precinct, but in that 38 years I have voted in at least 5 different locations - a park, a church, a high school gym, a men's club and currently at the Shrine Temple.
  2. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

I've lived in the same house for 15 years and my polling place has changed three times so I check every election to make sure I go to the right place.
  3. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

The Republican Party here sent out a mailer to everyone in the county. It was very targeted; it listed the polling place for my address (which hadn't changed) and every Republican who would be on my ballot.
  4. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

I not only checked the location Tuesday morning but I also printed out the ballot and filled it out at work. then after work it took me 2 minutes to reference my previous work and vote allowing me to beat the rush
  5. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

We receive a sample ballot. Each registered voter in the house gets one. It has the location of out polling place on it, and who you are allowed to vote for (since we are a "closed primary" state, during primaries, registered Republicans can only vote for Republican candidates, and same for registered Democrats or registered Independents, etc). I read, thought, made my decision, filled out my sample ballot, and carried it with me to the polls. Then used my "sample ballot" cheat sheet to fill out my real ballot.
  6. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

I don't because I vote early and that's at the community center. Ain't no way i'm going to the high school and standing in line on erection day.
  7. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

My polling place has not changed in the past 19 years. For the past couple of elections, I have gone down to the county Courthouse and voted early, anyway.
  8. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member

Our old polling place used to be the State Police Academy, which was pretty neat because while waiting I could look over their firearms collection - all of it behind glass. What with district realignments, Sitka's previous three polling places have been condensed into one, which is much larger and right in the middle of town. It's convenient to all with plenty of parking, but no firearms collection. The change to the new centralized polling place was advertised in the paper well ahead of the election, so to the best of my knowledge nobody was left out. Additionally, there was the option of voting early at City Hall, which is what the lady of the house and I did.
  9. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

If youre in the wrong place here in PA they wont have our ticket in the box. I dont know how other states vote or how it is ran but here we go in tell them our name they pull the ticket tear it in half go to the next person they verify and send you to the machine operators and they tear it in half again put that stub in the box and you get the last stub. They activate the machine and you vote. Impossible to vote at a wrong polling place.
  10. H-D

H-D Active Member

I checked, there was a link in google that would give you directions to your polling location