VP Debate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by njretcop, Oct 1, 2008.

1. njretcop

njretcop New Member

The moderator for Thursday night's VP debate is shown here with her idol.

She wrote a book about him and it should hit book stores soon. She alone picked the questions to be asked at the debate!

Palin would have to be nuts to even show up!! What kinda fair debate can it be????

[​IMG]
  2. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    Palin could use this to her advantage if played right. The first words out of her mouth need to be directed to Ifill:

"Congratulations on your book Gwen. It's wonderful to see a member of the left wing press actually stop pretending to be impartial and admit where their loyalties actually lie. It's very refreshing. Do you think you could get me a copy signed by both you and Barak?"
  3. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

I would fall out of my chair laughing that is for sure
  4. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

We won't know until tomorrow night. Some people can actually do a good job at being neutral, they are far and few between. But only time will tell.

I of course won't see it because I have class :mad:. But it's Russian, and since Russia will likely be a strong part of the debates I'm going to try and get the professor to let us out half an hour early! :D
  5. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Does that mean you are going to be voting for the communist Biden?
  6. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Let me see if I understand this correctly:
    He has a class in the Russioan language.
    He thinks our relations with Russia will be a part of the debate.
    He is going to ask the instructor for early release from class.

Ergo: he is voting communist?

Hmmmm

Pops
  7. artabr

artabr New Member

What!?
    Bill Ayers wasn't available as a debate moderator??? :rolleyes: :D

I hope that Gov. Palin does confront Ifill about the book.
    Ifill didn't inform the debate committee about her book. I have heard that this took place in August, surely Ifill knew about her own book. It looks kinda deceitful to me.

Gov. Palin needs to call her out on it right out of the box. Something nice like.
    Great Obama book, you skank. (sorry my thoughts getting the better of me. :D)
    I guess maybe something such as.
    Congratulations on the new Obama book, Gwen. When is it due out. Zing :p ;) :D

Art

My apologies to the original poster of this image. It just seems so "right". :D Duh, never mind, it was me that posted it. Too many gears turning and they are all stuck in neutral. :rolleyes: :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  8. dcd_enterprises

dcd_enterprises New Member

I'm not worried about this debate at all. Actually, I'm looking forward to it, and is not often that one looks forward to a vice-presidential debate. Actually, I liked the last one, a political-lightweight, John Edwards going up against the well seasoned Dick Cheney. They were good.

Anyway, as I said, I'm not worried, if nothing else, Governor Palin will have Joe Biden there to help her defeat Joe Biden, and I don't think she could possibly have more help.:D;)
  9. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I agree with you dcd, Mr. Biden can't seem to keep both of his feet out of his mouth long enough to speak intelligently. I have to work but thank goodness for DVR.
  10. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

That would be priceless. I wonder if Gwen would lose it if she said that? :D
  11. dcd_enterprises

dcd_enterprises New Member

Ms. Coulter's thoughts on Mr. Biden.

12. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

It was explained by Dick Morris on Fox's Bill O'Riley show that she has a possibility of perhaps $350,000 or more reward for this book if Obama wins and nearly zero if he looses. The release date is timed for right after the election and if Obama wins it is almost guaranteed to be a best seller and if he looses then a dud. A best seller is 100,000 books and the writers share is about $3.50 a book according to Morris, a published and best seller author (as is Bill O'Riley who offered no comments in suport of or in objection to Morris allegation).

If that were my options I sure would try to make Palin look uninformed and Biden great to assure my future. Loosing $350,000 or more could be detrimental to your future spending plans!

LDBennett
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  13. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

My thoughts are that a moderator might be tempted to try to control the debate, however, once the participants begin speaking, things are pretty well out of the moderator's control.

Let's hope that the young lady from Alaska has her A-game with her tonight. A poor performance on her part will negate any 'plus' that adding her to the ticket might have produced.

It will be interesting to see her in an un-scripted setting. Other than a few speaches during the initial 'Palin Love-Fest', I've not heard that much from her. Of course, the same goes for Biden. :D Several of us who shoot at the local range are meeting in a friends den that has one of those big assed TV's on the wall. Pop-corn and beer, anyone?

Seriously, Ms. Palin carries a special weight for the party, as she is the running mate of a 72-year-old with recurrent melanoma! :eek:
  14. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

Palin probably won't bring it up. They will keep it in the reserves in case Palin does poorly at the debates, then they will make it issue #1 to defend that "there was no way she could have done good when the moderator clearly was biased..."

Which is the smart move.