1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

VZ24 - restoring the finish

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 7, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

rgriffin2k
    (3/4/03 8:06:27 pm)
    Reply VZ24 - restoring the finish
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I used to own a M1 Garand and I had it re-blued. What kind of finish is on the Mauser VZ24 and what do you recommend to restore the finish?

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/4/03 9:53:15 pm)
    Reply Re: VZ24 - restoring the finish
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It should be a standard bluing job... not parkerized or anything like that. I couldn't tell you what to use if you're trying to get an "authentic" rebluing job done.

I do recommend Blue Wonder Gun Blue. A member of this forum (kgnovum) gave out free samples a while back, and IIRC the guys here reported good results. I tried it on a small piece, and it worked like a champ. Very easy to use and looks great. I haven't tried it on an entire rifle though (I generally shy away from total reblues, as I attempt to maintain originality and authenticity on my C&R collection).

This product is available from Novum Solutions.
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!