WAA12L Substitute

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Jake, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Jake

Jake New Member

Can the WAA12SL be used in place of the WAA12L? I'm using it in a 3/4 ounce load.
  2. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

The WAA12L wad is for use with 7/8-1 ounce loads & would be a stretch to use for a 3/4 ounce load.

The WAA12SL has even a bigger cup & is for 1ounce to 1-1/8 once loads.

You could check by loading a shell & checking the crimp results but make sure to fight the urge to not seat the wad firmly against the powedr to try to get more column height. You'll end up getting bloopers.

My guess is your crimp will fall in the case & your shot will fall out, but let me know what result you get. Are you shooting mosquitoes with that load?:D
  3. Jake

Jake New Member

This is one heck of a skeet load. Very little recoil and best of all, it makes my shot last longer. that's always a plus. Loads great too! Oh by the way, tried the waa12sl, wont make that mistake again!
  4. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

That's great Jake:)

I may have to try that load. I mostly shoot trap but I tried trap with a .410 & hit most of 'em. Maybe your 3/4 oz load would be nice for it.
  5. Jake

Jake New Member

410 on trap. WOW! I started out shooting trap and didn't do real bad. Broke 25 my second time out. Think that was a fluke. Hasn't happened since. Started shooting skeet about a year ago and LOVE IT! The only downfall of this light load is it wont cycle in my X3. One at a time it will work once in a while but put in two and it wont cycle them. That sucks because I bought the X3 for skeet. Oh well!